Look for These Three Things in a Heating and Cooling Company
It’s not always easy finding a reliable home improvement service. There are dozens of companies online that claim to offer five-star service but fall short when they finally show up. That makes it important for homeowners to know how to tell the professional HVAC experts from the charlatans. When looking for an HVAC contractor, homeowners should look for the following:
Positive Reviews on Multiple Platforms
Reviews, whether positive or negative, give insight into how HVAC contractors operate. Yet, glancing at a few five-star reviews only goes so far. Consistency is important for a heating and cooling company. Homeowners should look for the following:
- Words reflecting their service, like “honest” and “reliable”
- Reviews that have substance–no one-sentence comments
- Feedback from people who have left multiple reviews
- Recent feedback (reviews that are more than two years old aren’t as reliable)
- The same complaints (or praises) come up again and again
The Better Business Bureau (BBB), Google, and Facebook allow users to leave reviews about HVAC companies. Angi (formerly known as “Angie’s List”) also hosts reviews about home improvement services, from heating and air conditioning repairs to plumbing.
There’s no such thing as a perfect home improvement service. So, it’s not uncommon to see a few negative reviews in a sea of five-star ones. It’s crucial to consider the company’s services as a whole rather than dwelling on a few negatives.
Licensed and Insured Contractors
A lot can go wrong when installing or repairing an HVAC system, even when the fix seems relatively straightforward. That makes it essential for homeowners only to hire licensed and insured contractors. Technicians must undergo years of training to receive a license so they have the knowledge needed to work on these complicated systems safely.
Hiring an insured heating and cooling company means that if anything goes wrong, the contractor has liability insurance that pays for it. Without hiring a contractor who is properly insured, a homeowner risks having to pay for any damage or further repairs out of pocket. This could put them in dire financial straits––and that’s the last thing anyone wants during the holiday season.
Offer Maintenance Plans
Many HVAC companies offer maintenance membership plans. For a nominal annual or monthly fee, homeowners get the maintenance their system needs every year and can access certain benefits not available to non-members. Some of these plans offer:
- Discounted services: Homeowners can get discounts on parts and labor for services.
- Annual maintenance visits: HVAC systems need maintenance twice a year. Once a year for the heater and once for the air conditioner, the plan will cover both.
- Prompt scheduling: When homeowners have a maintenance plan, they typically get priority scheduling. This means they don’t have to wait to consult with a professional.
One can learn more about an HVAC company’s maintenance plans on their website or when they call. Homeowners can also ask other questions before hiring the HVAC company, including whether they carry insurance.
About Total Comfort Solutions
Total Comfort Solutions has nearly 15 years of experience serving Walla Walla, WA, and the surrounding areas. They provide straightforward pricing, free installation estimates, and a beneficial membership plan. Call them today for AC or heating services in Walla Walla, WA.
Distribution Links +